Monday, September 15, 2008

Rockford Dance Company - Nutcraker

What do you think of the recent Nutcracker auditions?
Why does it take so long to post results?
Did you get a letter? or a phone call?

Does anyone know the rehersal schedule yet?
What is the point of the RDC Calendar?

Is the cast list complete? Or will some understudy get promoted at the 11th hour?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, slackardness is rewarded.
Monet a doll.
Marina as spanish.
They did not attend a summer dance camp. They did not come to summer class. They were scarce to gone at the workshop and intensive.

It seems Volcano Falls, Olive Garden, and Dairy Queen are the road to success at RDC!

Anonymous said...

What is the point of the audition?

Has anyone ever seen auditions for Drosselmyer, mouse king, mother ginger?

Is anybody every rejected?

Anonymous said...

When does rehersal start?

And why is the calendar on the web site never up to date with things like rehersals?

Anonymous said...

I wonder why Mark and Julie always win the audition for the parents. At this point they should be the grandparents. Does nobody else want to do this part?

Anonymous said...

I must agree about the Margaret's favorites.
It seems Marina has been unofficially promoted to full company status. She gets the parts alongside the full company girls, and while I am not trained in dance, I can see that she is just not that good. I keep wondering what Margaret sees in her. My best guess is her family donates heavily to RDC. I believe the more money and more time you give the better your part. It really is a shame. I thought it was interesting that when Jane Poor picked the YCC girls she did not pick the favorites. Maybe the board should consider having a guest assign parts for RDC productions. I am just glad that it finally seems Cindy and Julie are no longer as heavily involved in handing out parts.